Losing your grandma is a sad and emotional period. But that is the best time to honor her and all she has done for the family. A problem arises when it comes to relaying the message to other family members and friends.
As a sign of comfort, you and others who have lost their grandma’s. Here are top rest in peace quotes to use when your grandmother is dead.
Quotes for Grandma Who Has Passed Away
- This is a place where grandmother holds babies on their laps under the stars and whisper in their ears that the lights in the sky are holes in the floor of heaven. – Rick Bragg
- My grandmother would say; ‘Make sure you look good. Make sure you speak well. Make sure you remain that southern gentleman that I’ve taught you to be.’ – Jamie Foxx
- I thought grandmother had to like you. it is a law or something. – Mary E. Pearson
- “So, we fall asleep in Jesus. We have played long enough at the games of life, and at last, we feel the approach of death. We are tired out, and we lay our heads back on the bosom of Christ, and quietly fall asleep.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- I lost my grandmother last night, after a long week of sleepless hospital nights and many, many tears shed…death is a ruthless force that threatens to tear your heart apart, but must be dealt with for what it is – only one moment that cannot overshadow a long, fulfilled life of love, laughter, family, and memories. – Abigail Rose
Inspirational Quotes for Grandma’s Who Have Passed Away
- Having a grandmother is like having an army. This is a grandchild’s ultimate privilege: knowing that someone is on your side, always, whatever the details. Even when you are wrong. Especially then, in fact. A grandmother is both a sword and a shield. – Fredrik Backman
- Death is not the end. Death can never be the end. Death is the road. Life is the traveler. The soul is the guide. – Sri Chinmoy
- A grandma is warm hugs and sweet memories. She remembers all of your accomplishments and forgets all of your mistakes. – Barbara Cage
- Grandmas didn’t die from stuff like that. Grandmas went on and on, enduring year after year, shriveled and worn but somehow ageless. – Christina Henry
- Hey, grandma, you are the only person who ever loved me for me. Hey, grandma, I know you would have defended me. I know it’s been years, but I miss you every day. – unknown
- We had a wonderful grandmother, One who never really grew old; Her smile was made of sunshine, and her heart was solid gold; her eyes were as bright as shining stars, and in her cheeks fair roses you see. – unknown
Short Quotes for Grandma Who Has Passed Away
- Some moments can only be cured with a big squishy grandma hug. – Dan Pearce
- Grandmother holds their grandchildren in a special place in their hearts. – Catherine Pulsifer
- My grandmother is my angel on earth. – Catherine Pulsifer
- A grandma’s name is a little less in love than is the doting title of a mother. – William Shakespeare
- My grandmother taught me everything except how to live without her. – Unknown
- Remembering you is easy, I do it every day, but missing you is a heartache that never goes away. – unknown
- We never truly get over a loss, but we can move forward and evolve from it. – Elizabeth Berrien
- I still loved granny. It flowed out of my chest. With granny gone, where would my love go? – Jessica Maria Tuccelli
- You are the sun. Grandma, you are the sun in my life
- Grandma; it was to grandma that I truly wanted to return, but she was no more.
Additional Quotes for Grandma
- Saying you are through with romance is like saying you are done with living, Betty. Life is better with a little romance, you know. – Gabrielle Zevin
- We believed in our grandmother’s cooking more fervently than we believed in God. – Jonathan Safran Foer
- It took me a long time to get used to the reality that my grandmother had passed away. Wherever I was, in the house, in the garden, out on the fields, her face always appeared so clearly to me. Huynh Quang Nhuong
- A year without your strong determination, a year without your strong saying about the Lord. A year without your funny self and the things you did. A year without your physical presence here on this earth. Grandma, words can’t explain how much I miss you. – Denis Kollock
- I miss my grandma so much. The holidays are always the hardest, I just want to talk to her and hug her, and just hear her voice again. It’s been three years since she passed away, and nothing has been the same. – Jen
Having lost your grandmother is hard and for others accepting is a problem. Grandmothers are a blessing to their families. To honor them these are the best quotes you should have to make you happy even though it is a sad moment.